Happenings August 2019
Saturday, Aug. 3
• The Irish Music Club of Greater Boston will hold its monthly dance at the Viking Club, 410 Quincy Avenue, in Braintree. Music by the Silver Spears. For additional information call Anna McAuliffe at 617-696-6007.
• ICCNE Summer Concert “Live at the ICC” - Forever FAB, recreating the sound of the Beatles. In Canton. 8 p.m. Admission $15.
Sunday, Aug 4
• The Irish Social Club weekly dance with Mossie Coughlin 7- 10 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 9
• ICCNE Irish Traditional and Folk Music weekend. 8:15 p.m. “REALTA” from Belfast. Admission $20.
Saturday, Aug. 10
• The Knights and Ladies of St. Finbarr - Cork Club hosts Noel Henry Show Band, 7- 11 p.m. at the Malden Irish American Club, 177 West Street in Malden. Complimentary coffee, tea and assorted baked goods and Irish trifle. Admission $10. For additional information call president Mary Tannian at 978-664-4652.
Sunday, Aug. 11
• ICCNE- A Ceili Mor by Comhaltas Ceoltoiri at 11:30 a.m. A traditional music session at 3 p.m; For Folk’s Sake at 5 p.m. O’Hara’s Tasting in the Tent. 2-6 p.m. Admission $10.
• The Irish Social Club weekly dance with Erin’s Melody. 7- 10 p.m.
Saturday, Aug 17
• No dance this month at the Norwood Irish Music Club. Next dance is Sept. 21.
Sunday, Aug 18
• The Irish Social club weekly dance with Fintan Stanley. 7- 10 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 19 – Monday Aug. 20
• Friends of Irish Research seminar, at 899 No. Main Street Brockton MA 02301. Info: -friendsofirishresearch.org
Thursday, Aug 22.
• ICCNE book launch and concert with Tara O’Grady.
Sunday, Aug 25
• The Irish Social Club’s weekly dance, with Denis Curtin 7- 10 p.m.
Happenings provided to the BIR courtesy of Richard Archer, Knights and Ladies of St. Finbarr - Cork Club, PO Box 4132, Dedham, MA 02027 (Our sincere thanks to the Boston Irish Reporter, Stations WROL and WUNR for keeping the Irish Tradition alive with great music and news.-= R. A.)