Thurs., Oct. 3 – The Irish Network (IN Boston) and the Boston Public Library present an evening with Jack Cashman, author of "An Irish Immigrant Story.” The Central Library, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 4 –The Irish Network in Boston invite members to join them aboard the "L. E. Samuel Beckett" while it is docked at Pier 1, Charlestown (behind the USS Constitution) from 6.30 p.m. to 8 p.m. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat., Oct. 5 – The Irish Music club of Greater Boston has its monthly dance at the Viking Club, 410 Quincy Ave., Braintree. Music by the Andy Healy band from 7-11 p.m.
• The Irish Cultural Centre has country and western star T. R. Dallas at 7.30 pm for your dancing pleasure. Tickets are $20; members $15. Call 781-821-8291.
Sun., Oct. 6 – Mass at the Irish Cultural Centre. 11 a.m.
• The Irish Social Club's Sunday evening dance will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. The Noel Henry Irish Show band will entertain.
Mon., Oct. 7 – The Sligo Association will have its monthly meeting at Waterford's in Dedham at 8 p.m. All are welcome.
Thurs., Oct. 10 – IIIC – A 30th birthday celebration of the Solas Awards at 6 p.m. at the Boston Harbor Hotel. The Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, will receive the "Leadership Award". Information: email@example.com.
• The Irish Cultural Centre will present Tara O'Grady at 7.30 p.m.
Fri., Oct. 11 – The Irish Social club features a comedy evening with Don Gavin & Friends. Admission is $25.
Sat., Oct. 12 – The Irish Cultural Centre will present the Irish play "Boicini Bhothar, Kilburn" at 7.30 p.m. and again on Sunday the 13th at 2 p.m.
• The Knights and Ladies of St. Finbarr - Cork Club will celebrate their 115th anniversary with a dance at the Malden Irish American Club, 177 West St., Malden. Presentations will be made to Man and Woman of the year. Music by "Erin's Melody.” Complimentary coffee, tea and delicious Irish baked goods and Irish trifle. Donation is $10. Cash bar. For information call President Mary at 978-664-4652.
Sun., Oct. 13 – Irish Social Club's weekly dance will be held from 7 to 10 p.m., with John Connors.
Fri., Oct. 18 – The Boston Irish Reporter’s “Irish Honors” luncheon will be held at 11.30 a.m. at the Seaport Hotel. This year’s honorees are Grace Cotter Regan, James M. Carmody, and John Drew & Family. For information on the luncheon please call 617-436-1222, Ext. 11.
• St. Theresa's Parish’s annual dance. Info: call 617- 325-1300.
Sat., Oct. 19 – Norwood Irish Music Club holds its monthly dance at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Nichols Street in Norwood at 7 p.m. Music by Kathy and the Irish Americans.
• The Irish Cultural Centre will hold the Boston Beer Festival. Music all day, plus a writer’s workshop. Admission is $15. Free event for members.
Sun., Oct. 20 – The Irish Social club features Erin's Melody at its Sunday evening dance. 7 to 10 p.m.
Sat., Oct. 26 – The North Shore Irish Association will hold its dance at the Knights of Columbus Hall, 23 West Foster Street in Melrose. Erin's Melody will entertain from 7 to 11 p.m.
Sun., Oct. 27 – The Irish Social club will have Mossie for its Sunday evening dance. 7 to 10 p.m.
Tues., Oct. 29 – Join the Boston chapter of the UCD Alumni at the Boston Harbor Distillery for a tour and tasting. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wed., Oct. 30 – The Irish Social Club will host the City of Boston’s Halloween Party for senior citizens sponsored by Mayor Marty Walsh.
Our sincere thanks the Boston Irish Reporter, station WROL, and WUNR for keeping the Irish Tradition alive and well in the Boston area. “Happening" is a monthly list of functions by Irish Associations in the Boston area prepared by the Knights & Ladies of St. Finbarr - Cork Club. The items listed are accurate to the best of our knowledge. They are always subject to change.